RE: Text inside hairpin

From: Javier Ruiz-Alma
Subject: RE: Text inside hairpin
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:32:34 -0700

The scheme funct. places text outside the hairpin.
I was looking for some command for either hairpin or text that would turn off
collision avoidance, and allow overlaying one over the other, but didn't
succeed in my search.
I can imagine creating scheme for inside the hairpin would be a challenge, as
text fontsize would need to scale to available vertical space inside center of
hairpin, which depends on both hairpin height, length as well as text length.
As a workaround, I typeset the TextScript above the staff, where it didn't push
other objects apart, then used extra-offset to bring it to the desired position
in the center of the hairpin below the staff.