Re: BreathingSigns and automatic beams

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: BreathingSigns and automatic beams
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:24:33 +0200

Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Well, nowadays we have the 'collision-interfaces-property but adding
>> breathing-sign-interface to it seems to have no effect.
>>
>> \version "2.17.12"
>>
>> respectBS = {
>>   \override Beam #'collision-interfaces =
>>     #'(beam-interface
>>        clef-interface
>>        breathing-sign-interface
>>        flag-interface
>>        inline-accidental-interface
>>        key-signature-interface
>>        note-head-interface
>>        octavate-eight-interface
>>        stem-interface
>>        time-signature-interface)
>> }
>>
>> \relative c' {
>>   \respectBS
>>   c8 d e f b[ a \breathe g f]
>> }
>
> Reviving this old thread. I was trying to do this today and found the
> same frustration.

You don't say which frustration.  You apparently want to have automatic
beams across breath marks.  To me, that does not make a lot of sense.

But since the beam engraver sits at Voice level, that's sort of easy to
cheat around:

\version "2.17.12"

breathe = \new Voice \breathe

\relative c' {
  c8 d e f b a \breathe g f
}
Of course, this does not follow \voiceOne/\voiceTwo settings.

--
David Kastrup