Re: unterminated tie?

From: Marc Weber
Subject: Re: unterminated tie?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 09:19:14 +0000

Excerpts from David Kastrup's message of Fri Jun 20 08:00:47 +0000 2014:
> So how do you suggest improving this, and where?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/ties-and-slurs
I'd add this information here, too:
A tie connects two notes (or chords) having the same pitch.
It's created by putting a ~ in between.

Eventually adding <c e g> ~ <e g b> case to illustrate that this is also
allowed.

Another hint about how to recognize the difference:
"Ties usually touch the note heads wheras slurs don't)

I still don't understand how a violin or brass player would play
c~c any different from c(c). (glossary says same stroke/breath).

So I'm still interested in understanding whether a tie exists for any
instrument which is not played like a slur.

I agree that the problem was me.

Marc Weber