Re: Changing Tuning

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Changing Tuning
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:20:25 +0200

Hi Omer

you forgot to reply to the list.
No, we've never received your file. Please send us a minimal example (if possible) and we'll try to help you.

It should be something like this:

\version "2.18.2"

music = {

c,16 d, e, f, g, c f a d' g'

}

\score {

\new StaffGroup <<

\new Staff { \clef "treble_8" \music }

\new TabStaff \with {

stringTunings = \stringTuning <c, d, e, f, g, c f a d' g'>

} \music

well, yes, not sure why, but now it works (my file was corrupted I'm not even sure I sent you guys the working version)

Now there's two things I need if possible.
1. Is it possible to fine tune it, like removing the extra tab lines? lute tabalture has 6 like just like guitar, the 7th string is written below the lowest bass, the 8th is a\ (the \ is above the note, don't have it on this keyboard) 9th is b\\ (two lines) and 10th is a\\\ (three lines)
2. is it possible to fine tune the strings using Hz (assuming equal temperament)?

Thank You again,
Omer Katzir
The Silent Troubadour - http://omerkatzir.com