Re: convert-ly question

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: convert-ly question
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 12:24:01 +0100

On Sun, 18 May 2014 08:38:09 +0200 (CEST) Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> Luckily I don't need this kind of commandline virtuosity. I think I
> can do what I need with one of the first and easiest suggestions
>
> convert-ly -e **/*.ly

I'm glad that you have a solution that works for you.  Simple is indeed good.
Unfortunately, it won't work for everyone reading the list as it needs the globstar feature from bash version 4 or greater.
One more tidbit of painfully-gained experience in this area:  If using a solution that walks the directory tree, starting convert-ly processes, it's important to do it in a way that limits the number of concurrent invocations of convert-ly.  I've managed to wedge OSX by using a tool that failed to do that :(