Re: Mutopia [WAS: Re: Add LilyPond incipit on an IMSLP page.]

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Mutopia [WAS: Re: Add LilyPond incipit on an IMSLP page.]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 19:17:28 +0200

Il 08/mag/2014 18:07 "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 17:35 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it does. IMSLP doesn't offer the (lilypond) source used to
> > produce the PDF, so their users cannot modify the scores or re-adapt
> > them in derivative works.
> It does if you upload it; several scores are up there with LilyPond
> source already.

Ok, so you can attach any file.
But what makes Mutopia different is that any piece _must_ have the source file, otherwise it won't be accepted. The ability to edit a score is not optional, it's the core of Mutopia. The other is quality.

> It would be a worthwhile task (for promoting LilyPond) to update
> mutopia's lilypond sources and upload them (& the pdfs, of course) to
> IMSLP. I haven't looked to see if there is anything on mutopia for
> years.

I'd prefer a search engine which looks up IMSLP, Mutopia and other music libraries and returns the links to the searched piece/author page.