Re: An old claveciniste's notation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: An old claveciniste's notation
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 09:24:48 +0100

On Tue, 2014-05-06 at 23:40 +0200, Simon Albrecht wrote:
> Am 06.05.2014 21:18, schrieb Richard Shann:
> > On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 00:11 +1000, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> >> If you are engraving coulés I wager you are going to need pincé  and
> >> all the usual suspects as well!
> > Yes, I don't know whether using mordents etc will be sufficient for this
> > job, or whether new glyphs will be needed. Has LilyPond used for
> > typesetting the French clavecinistes does anyone know? I didn't manage
> > to track down the list of glyphs available (it's in the documentation
> > somewhere) but I don't think they include the various 18th c ornaments.
> >
> > Richard
> >
> Nicolas Sceaux wrote a series of posts on lilypondblog.org on this subject:
> http://lilypondblog.org/2013/08/adding-ornamentations-to-note-heads-part-1/
> % and parts 2/3

Ah, thanks, I missed that at the time. I now receive these as they come
in. This series of posts covers ornaments that are placed to left or
right of a notehead. The score I am working with has a form called pincé
which is rather different: it looks like a hand-written mordent (see
attached image). I have used code of the form

trill = #(make-articulation "stopped")

to replace - in that case - trill signs with "+" signs.

I wonder if the same sort of syntax could be used to replace, mordent,
say with some customized bit of drawing to look like the desired
pincé-simple? That is replace "stopped" in this example with something
else that would give the desired effect?

Richard