Re: Fermatas on last bar, snippet emits warnings

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Fermatas on last bar, snippet emits warnings
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 15:38:45 -0500

Hi Knute,

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Knute Snortum <address@hidden> wrote:
(LilyPond version 2.18.2)

This snippet:

...work as advertized and produces two fermatas over the last bar line.  The only problem is what it emits these warnings:

document.ly:22:7: warning: Two simultaneous mark events, junking this one

\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.dfermata" }

document.ly:16:7: warning: Previous mark event here

\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }

I am working with the Mutopia Project, so my scripts cannot emit warnings.  Does anyone know why these warnings are printed?  Or, since the output is fine, can we stop the warnings?  (I know this violates the spirit of the "no warning" policy, but since we know it works...)

Well, you can suppress the warnings by including these lines in your file:

#(ly:expect-warning "Previous mark event here")

#(ly:expect-warning "Two simultaneous mark events, junking this one")

That's pretty awful, of course.  And there's another drawback: you need to suppress all warnings individually.  So if you have another simultaneous mark situation, you'll need to repeat these lines.

Have you seen the following link?

http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg76333.html

I think this will give you what you need.  (I think that this engraver should be added to the codebase.)

HTH,

David

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)