Left hand/right hand editorial annotation

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: Left hand/right hand editorial annotation
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 21:34:37 +0200

Hi,
I'm looking for a specific symbol whose name I unfortunately don't know and didn't find when browsing the documentation, but which I'm sure Lilypond has implemented somehow. In polyphonic piano music, you may sometimes have a situation where e.g. two voices are written in the lower staff for the left hand, but some of the notes in the upper voice are so much higher than the lower voice that they would be very hard or impossible to play with the left hand alone, but they may be within the reach of the right hand. So the composer or editor may decide to put that symbol next to the first note that is to be played by the right hand, and an upside-down version of it next to the first note of that part that is to be played by the left hand again. The symbols I look for look like the floor and ceiling symbols some of you may know from mathematical typesetting to indicate the next smaller/greater integer, or like an upside-down L and a regular L.
Is there such a symbol in Lilypond, and how do I use it?
Thomas