editor tips in Usage manual?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: editor tips in Usage manual?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:57:45 +0200

I've recently updated the translation of Frescobaldi and I found out a wonderful feature that I had ignored for a lot of time (I don't know when it was introduced..).
I'm talking about Window>Split horizontally, which allows to divide the input view in two scrollable panes. This is _very_ handy when writing a polyphonic music where each voice is saved in a variable; after a few bars the distance between the two voices forces you to scroll up and down between the first and the second voice, while inserting new bars. If you split the input view, you can easily jump from first to second voice without scrolling.

How many of you is aware of this feature? Any other text editor provides it?
I'm wondering how many other key features provided by an editor I'm missing..

What about adding a section in the Usage manual named "Editor tips" under chapter 5?
Of course, this section should not be a guide for each editor. Instead it should be a concise list of some editor features that can ease the writing of lilypond code.

Do you have any editor tip to suggest?
If we collect some good tips, I'll send a request to bug-lilypond@

Cheers
Federico