Re: language "italiano" to "english"

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: language "italiano" to "english"
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 22:25:55 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

On 09.04.2014 14:31, Thomas Scharkowski wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Yes, but be careful: this doesn't work correctly in all cases: "a double
flat" is called "asas" or "ases" in German, only the latter is
translated by frescobaldi. "b double flat" (for example called "sibb" in
Italian) is translated to "bes" in German which is not supported by
\language "deutsch" (it has to be "heses").

Hi Malte,

where did you find "ases"? In the usual theory books (Grabner,
Ziegenrücker, Maler etc. it is always "asas".

Just curious.

Thomas

Yes, I'm from Germany too and I also only know "asas" and never heard of
"ases". But define-note-names.scm uses both for German, commenting "ases"
with ";; non-standard name for asas" ;) I only mentioned it because
frescobaldi seems to know "ases" but not "asas" ;)

Being from germany, too, I never heard asas, before I started to use LilyPond.
I learned ases in school.

For references look at
https://www.google.de/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=notennamen+ases&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=LZdFU8egDauF8QfHn4HIAg

Cheers,
   Harm

Perhaps it's not that important, but do you have any printed references for "ases"? I do not trust Wikipedia that much in this case. In the article "http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versetzungszeichen"; Grabner and Ziegenrücker are mentioned as sources. They both do not use "ases" and it was not used when I studied music theory at the conservatory (Musikhochschule).
But maybe it has been changed since and I am just too old now.
;-)

Thomas