Re: command line option that prevents generation of midi?

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: command line option that prevents generation of midi?
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 16:32:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 2014, Federico Bruni wrote:

the following command _seems_ to work:

lilypond -e "(set! write-performances-midis (lambda (performances basename .
rest) 0))" piece.ly

even if I don't know what it's really doing: it just deletes the midi file?
or it really avoids the creation of the midi file?

Interesting. This is the kind of syntax I couldn't possibly remember and reproduce without searching the mailing list archives or manuals.

I think I'l stick to my bash commandline and do

lilypond piece.ly && rm -f piece.midi

Two commands, and still shorter. Maybe just a little bit slower.

--

MT