Re: Getting rid of initial brace on piano score

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Getting rid of initial brace on piano score
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 12:11:59 -0500

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Peter Toye <address@hidden> wrote:
I want to get rid of the brace on the first line of a piano score, but keep it for the rest of the score.

I tried the snippet below, but this gets rid of it for all the lines, in spite of the \once command. If I uncomment the lines in each staff and comment in the command in the PianoStaff I get the same effect.

Is there any way I can do this?

Try the attached file, which uses a function based on the one found in

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/extending/difficult-tweaks

Hope this helps.

--David

(P.S. This should be a case where \alterBroken would work, though not without some ugliness.  The following _expression_ removes the stencil on the second line as expected, though the stencil is positioned further from the staff:

.\alterBroken stencil

  #`(#f ,(lambda (grob) (ly:system-start-delimiter::print grob)))

  Score.SystemStartBrace

Drat.  Will have to investigate.  Any ideas from the larger list?)