Re: Ped.M glyph in Emmentaler

From: Fredrik Wallberg
Subject: Re: Ped.M glyph in Emmentaler
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 13:49:11 +0200

> That example doesn't make much sense to me, but an earlier example
> by Han-Wen using pedalSustainStrings set to ("Ped." "-P" "*")
> makes more sense.  In this case it indicated an intermediate pedal
> lift.  This example is no longer in the code base, having been replaced
> by the pedalSustainStyle = #'mixed option.

I agree, that example makes more sense.
I can also *imagine* someone wanting to write "P ~ e ~ d." or, more
likely,  use the hyphen as an extension line: "Ped. ~ ~ ~ ~ *".
Especially if there is a line break involved. I quickly leafed through
some older Schubert, Beethoven and Rachmaninoff editions but couldn't
find any example of this notation.