Re: Tuplet notehead shared with non-tuplet notehead in another voice?

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: Tuplet notehead shared with non-tuplet notehead in another voice?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:38:30 +0100

..
Hi Fredrik,

if I understand you correctly, you want the two voices to share a
notehead -- even when they are not simultaneous? Interesting.

Yes, it is.
:-)

It was common notation practice in italian baroque style, not to notate a tuplet consisting of a quarter and an eighth note like we would do today: \tuplet 3/2 {c4 c8} - instead "c8. c16" is often used, even when \tuplet 3/2 {c8 c c} is in other voices. A dot after a note did not necessarily have the same meaning as today, but "play this not longer and the next on shorter than written, depending on context". Btw in french style "notes égales" meant _not_ to play eights notes as "notes inégales" what you could also call "swing feeling".

Thank you for your help.

Thomas