Re: Rookie transpose / bookpart questions

From: brentboylan
Subject: Re: Rookie transpose / bookpart questions
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:09:47 -0700 (PDT)

In regards to this snippet: "Transposing pitches with minimum accidentals
("Smart" transpose)

Ole Schmidt wrote
> Maybe this could help too?
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=266
>
> best
>
> ole

How do I get something like this to work for chordnames? I am doing a
similar project to the original poster, creating leadsheets for jam sessions
with friends (bass player, trumpet, alto sax, clarinet.) I'm using \bookpart
to create and transpose a page for each part but when I transpose lilypond
wants to default to F# instead of Gb, for example, even though Gb makes more
sense in the key of the other music.

(I've also run into the problem of page numbering and can't find a usable
solution to restart the numbering for each bookpart. For now I am just
turning page numbering off.)