Re: Is this reasonable/playable (guitar)?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Is this reasonable/playable (guitar)?
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 12:03:19 +0100

>> I am not top-posting
>
> I want to avoid ossia staves.  They seem reasonably self-evident as
> alternatives for the potentially less playable runs (probably the end is
> the clincher).  But how bad are those, anyway?  The Midi sounds doable.
> And I am too lazy to look for my guitar and skills.

Hi David,

others already said a lot about the guitar part.
Let me write something about the melody and distribution of the text.

I feel the melismata in the first part of the song are strange.

Why not

\version "2.18.0"

\relative  {
  \key d \dorian
  \time 3/4
  \partial 4 d'4
  f2 g4 |
  a4.( b8) a4 |
  g2 e4 |
  c4.
}

\addlyrics { A -- las, my love, you do me wrong }

as you do in the second part?

Though, it's your arrangement, your decision.
Just my 2ct

Cheers,
  Harm