Re: Ancient tablature template

From: pls
Subject: Re: Ancient tablature template
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 17:47:03 +0100

On 04.03.2014, at 16:46, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2014 16:10, schrieb Schneidy:
>> Hi LilyPonders,
>>
>> I'm working on an ancient tablature form.
>> The idea is to get an simple tool that helps people to rewrite ancient tab
>> together with a standard modern score.
>>
>> Herewith is a first attempt including 3 outputs :
>> 1. a worksheet including three staves, to help dispaching voices, a rhythm
>> and a tab to control the ancient tab output.
>> 2. a clean ancient tab
>> 3. a guitar score (draft) with all possible annotations and easily
>> transposable for a futur clean score.
>>
>> Tab letters are taken from the Bravura font.
>> Lettrine is from an easy-to-find free font called "Arabesque Initialen".
>>
>> Please be so kind to give me your opinion (good or bad) and ideas about this
>> template.
>
> I am not an expert in ancient tablature, but as far as I can tell from
> the examples I have seen before, this looks quite promising!
Nice!  I don’t like the tiny time signature “2” on the first page but apart
from that: well done.  Last year I used lute tab to typeset a Dowland fantasie.
 It’s an  excellent typesetting program for different styles of ancient
tablature and it might serve as a reference for further improvements, see e.g.
ftp://ftp.cs.dartmouth.edu/pub/lute/TabManual.pdf.  But I like the idea that
this can be achieved now from within LilyPond.  BTW: would you be willing to
share your .ly-file?

thanks
patrick