Re: using manually installed fonts on OSX

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: using manually installed fonts on OSX
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 15:22:40 +0600

Am 2014-03-03 um 15:15 schrieb Kevin Patrick Barry <address@hidden>:

>> Do you find an entry for Cardo in the list from
>> lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x
>> ?
>> Maybe it's called Cardo-Regular or the like.
>
> Cardo doesn't appear anywhere in the list, but I can use it just fine
> in other programs.
>
> I tried it today on my Ubuntu machine and experienced the same
> problem. I tried running fc-cache -f and then deleting the lilypond
> font cache, but even still it doesn't appear as an option. Also I
> can't find it anywhere on my machine, not in the usual folders
> (/usr/share/fonts, /usr/local/share/fonts, ~/.fonts - the last one
> doesn't even exist on my system), which makes me wonder where the
> system put it at all. Normal file searches yield nothing.

Ok, check your ~/.fonts.conf (might be also ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf),
mine on OSX looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<!-- /etc/fonts/local.conf file for local customizations -->
<fontconfig>
<cache>~/.fonts.cache-1</cache>

<dir>/System/Library/Fonts</dir>
<dir>/Library/Fonts</dir>
<dir>~/Library/Fonts</dir>
<dir>~/FontExplorer\ X/Font\ Library</dir>
<dir>/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Fonts</dir>
<dir>~/Library/texmf/tex</dir>
</fontconfig>

Greetlings, Hraban
---