Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:43:33 -0500

Hi Jan-Peter,

> I thought, it should work also in the Staff context.

Since many of my compositions recently are polymetric, that would be a great
feature.
(It would be particularly good if it automatically broke the other Staff
contexts mid-measure, without me having to add \bar “” every time…)

> But it should at least work, if you address the Score context.
> \editionMod edition-engraver-name 2 1/4 edition-name.Score.A \break

Hmmmm… this doesn’t work for me:

\version "2.18.0"
\include "edition-engraver.ly"

\addEdition edition-engraver-name
% color the notehead red on the second quarter in the second measure
\editionMod edition-engraver-name 2 1/4 edition-name.Staff.A \once \override
NoteHead #'color = #red
% destroy edition-name slur starting on the second quarter in the first measure
\editionMod edition-engraver-name 1 2/4 edition-name.Staff.B \shape #'((0 .
0)(0 . 1)(0 . -1)(0 . 0)) Slur
\editionMod edition-engraver-name 2 1/4 edition-name.Score.A \break

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists \editionEngraver ##f
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \consists \editionEngraver edition-name

music = \relative c'' { c4 bes a( g) f e d c }

\score {
  <<
    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff \with { \consists \editionEngraver edition-name } << \music >>
      \new Staff \with { \consists \editionEngraver edition-name } << \music >>

}

Thanks,
Kieren.