Re: Problem with slur priority

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem with slur priority
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:16:53 +0100

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> \version "2.18.0"
> \relative c' {
>     \override TupletBracket.direction = #DOWN
>     \tuplet 3/2 { f8[( e]) f }
>     \tuplet 3/2 { g8[( f]) g }
>     \tuplet 3/2 { a8[( g]) a }
>     \tuplet 3/2 { b8[( a]) b }
> }
>
> What makes the slur jump under the tuplet bracket in the last tuplet? See
> image.
> I can not set outside staff priority for the slur because that makes
> the slur go completely outside staff.
>
> It's worth noting that lilypond 2.0 (!) behaved correctly here, see
> ms.29 of http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/FaureG/O7/apres/apres-a4.pdf
> , upper staff.

Well, 2.16.2 behaves identical to 2.18.0 if you try the old syntax

\version "2.16.0"
\relative c' {
    \override TupletBracket #'direction = #DOWN
    \times 2/3 { f8[( e]) f }
    \times 2/3 { g8[( f]) g }
    \times 2/3 { a8[( g]) a }
    \times 2/3 { b8[( a]) b }
}
It is worth noting that doing a \once\stemUp on the last note will fix
the reversal.  Which does not make a whole lot of sense with regard to
the placement, so it is probably a decision not based on the outlines
but rather on the direction of the last stem, never mind that the stem
is not actually relevant for the slur but only for the bracket.

--
David Kastrup