notes fixed alignment for rhytmic notation

From: Carlo Vanoni
Subject: notes fixed alignment for rhytmic notation
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:39:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hi everyone!

I need to write some rhytmic exercises for my students. I would like to align the notes in the various lines not for the "best fit" output, but aligning the notes duration.
In each line, a given note duration uses a fixed amount of space, resulting in a notes alignment that give a good "visual idea" of where (or better, when) a note must be played inside the measure
Harder to explain than to get it... Here is an example:
http://davidaldridge.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/elementsv1-p281.jpg
Besides the first line, due to the tempo info, this example uses the explained alignment.

Searching throgh the user manual I've found only info about mark/text alignment.

Here is an example where I don't have he alignment

\version "2.18.0"

\relative c'
{
    \time 4/4
    c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 | \break
    c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 | \break
    c4 c4 c4 c8 c8 | c16 c8 c16 c4 r8 c8 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 |
}

2nd bar of 2nd and 3rd lines are misaligned: "c16 c8 c16" in 3rd line use more more space than the "c4" in the 2nd line; the next notes are misaligned, and the measure is wider.
Note: I'm not interested in 1st-2nd line alignment; the misalignment is due to the indentation and the time.

Thanks for the support!
MIX