Distributing LilyPond

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Distributing LilyPond
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 12:57:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello LilyPonders,

I am currently writing my thesis on algorithmic music and I use LilyPond
with all the programs that I wrote (used as examples in my thesis).
Basically, I created a kind of a Fortran library of subroutines that are
summoned in a Fortran code but output LilyPond sintax in a .LY file, thus to
run my programs the user necessarily need to have LilyPond installed on his
computer.
I will add a CD to my thesis with all the codes and programs mentioned in my
text, and the ideal thing would be if I could also add LilyPond 2.18.0 in
the same CD, so any person checking it would not have to look for it
anywhere else. Also, my codes work with the version 2.18.0, but who knows
how they will handle future versions, so it makes even more sense to have it
added in the CD (of course anyone can download older versions in LilyPond's
website, but this just makes things more difficult for the average reader
who is not familiar at all with LilyPond). So my question is: would it be
all right if I would also add the LilyPond installer in this CD?
And just to be clear: I mention on my text that all examples I used were
compiled with LilyPond and I also give the link to www.lilypond.org,
mentioning that it is a free program part of the GNU project.

Thanks a lot,
Gilberto