Re: Behaviour of TextSpanner dashes

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Behaviour of TextSpanner dashes
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 17:43:41 +0000 (UTC)

Urs Liska <ul <at> openlilylib.org> writes:

> [That's something I often struggle with: I think the function or
> parameter definition that is generated from the sources is often quite
> sparse]

You are changing behavior rather deep in the details.
You can search for stencil-offset in the setup files to see an example
of its use.  In define-grobs it is used for a dyanmics spanner. It is
a pair of numbers, probably X and Y:

\relative c'{
\override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.stencil-offset = #'(0 . -0.5)
\override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.stencil-offset = #'(0 . -0.5)
\override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = #"ggg"
\override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text = #"hhh"
c4^\startTextSpan c c c \stopTextSpan }