Re: Layout issue when parsing line

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Layout issue when parsing line
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:11:19 +0100

> Mr. Francisco,
>
> I deeply appreciate your assistance :)
>

> Here is my first example, as slimmed down as I can make it:
>
> \version "2.18.0"
> \include "english.ly"
>         \relative bf' {
>         \key df \major
>
>         af4 af af af gf8 [af] bf af gf4 gf
> f8 [f] f f f f gf4 df df8 gf gf f gf16 af16 gf8 ~ gf2. \bar ":|" }
>

> And here is my second instance (separate lilypond file) :
>
> \version "2.18.0"
> \include "english.ly"
>
>         \relative c'' {
>         \key gf \major
> \override Glissando #'style = #'trill
>
>         bf8 bf bf4 bf2 \glissando | af4 af af2 | bf4 af bf df | cf1
> df8 df df4 df2 ef8 [df] cf bf cf2 bf8 [af] gf ff ef2 df8 [ef] ff ef df2 \bar
> ":|" }
>
> Both are repeat bar lines- I don't seem to have any trouble with "simple bar
> lines" appearing.
>
> The exact same code, run through WebLily.net (running version 2.12.2) shows
> the repeat bar lines. How peculiar! ;)

The exact same code as copied from your email does not work anywhere
because somehow the final doublequote for the \bar command has been
changed to another symbol.

However, after entering proper plain old double quote characters, the
bar you are trying to put is not included among the nine available
repeat bars in lilypond 2.18, see

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/bars#bar-lines

Besides, my advice is to use the repeat command for repeats and let
lilypond choose a good barline automatically.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com