Re: RE[2]: Harp-Symbols in LilyPond

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: RE[2]: Harp-Symbols in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 00:43:29 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:08 PM
Subject: RE[2]: Harp-Symbols in LilyPond

\set melismaBusyProperties = #'()
this moves the symbol from the middle to the beginning of the slur
example c4( d4)
I like to have a symbol above both - c and d
It should work like c4 d4 (without slurs)

I'm looking for something like this:

Oben = \lyricmode {
   \ignor_slures

BTW
Alternatively, you could experiment with putting your harp symbols in a
dynamics context?

I do not understand this statement. Would you please give me an example? May be this can
help to solve my problem.

Regards, Frank

Firstly, please remember to reply-all, rather than to me indivually.

Secondly, could I recommend a study of the lilypond manuals? For example, I suggested using "set melismaBusyProperties". This is documented in the Notation Reference and shows how slurs are ignored and a lyric is placed on each note. A cut down example is:

<<
\new Voice = "melody" {
\set melismaBusyProperties = #'()
c''4 ( d''4 )
}
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" {
a b
}

which appears to work exactly as you want: see the attached image. Similarly, searching for "dynamics context" will lead to:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-attached-to-notes#dynamics

which says:

"A Dynamics context is available to engrave dynamics on their own horizontal line. Use spacer rests to indicate timing. (Notes in a Dynamics context will also take up musical time, but will not be engraved.) The Dynamics context can usefully contain some other items such as text scripts, text spanners, and piano pedal marks."

--
Phil Holmes