Re: Adjustments to lyrics alignment

From: Gonçalo Nogueira
Subject: Re: Adjustments to lyrics alignment
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:38:49 +0000

You can try the following:

Note that #LEFT is the same as #-1 and #RIGHT the same as #1 and you can
also use any value in between to get more subtle results.  Or even
beyond the range of -1..1 in order to get less subtle results.

I apologize for the necessity of using \markup in connection with \tweak
here.  We haven't yet found an amicable compromise avoiding this
nuisance.

--
David Kastrup

Is there a way I can define a music function so that I can write

\alignLyrics #0.7 syllable

The attachment shows what I have tried but is not compiling.