Hatches

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Hatches
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:28:05 +0100

Hi,

I never worked with that kind of stuff, so I'd like to get some feedback and hints _before_ digging into the docs myself. So I explicitly don't expect ready solutions, just a few comments if my approach would be right.

I'm looking for a way to typeset hatched cancellations in manuscripts such as in the attached images.

I would approach this kind of stuff by drawing lines in a markup, is that the right way?

And (more importantly) would it be possible to write a markup function where I can
- create an arbitrary shape (with a path?)
- make this shape itself transparent
- fill this shape with hatches
- configure angle, density, thickness of the hatches
?

And, additionally, would it be possible to write a function that (more or less) automatically applies such a cancellation to beams or subbeams as shown in the images?

As said, all I'd like to know is if that's reasonably possible so I can say that it'll be possible to create a working infrastructure for this kind of tasks.

TIA
Urs