Re: Non-standard notation challenges (no game this time...)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Non-standard notation challenges (no game this time...)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:39:59 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:59 PM

Hi all,

I'm facing some notation challenges that aren't part of a self-devised
"contest", but in way very real. I'm going to meet someone to answer his
questions about how LilyPond and related tools could be integrated in
the workflows of a concrete edition project.
I don't know if this meeting can possibly have any particular "outcome",
but _if_ it should, it would certainly not only be good for me but also
for LilyPond.

The issue I'm currently thinking about is that there are sketches and
drafts that have to be engraved, showing very non-standard notations.

The problem I would have when presented with this music is that I would have no idea - not a clue - about what the writer of the music intended with this notation. Is it explained anywhere? Without that, it seems rather pointless to try to reproduce it.

--
Phil Holmes