running latex with system or execle

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: running latex with system or execle
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:11:20 +0100

Hi list,

I use xelatex (with fontspec to synchronize fonts with lilypond-pango)
to create text-pages in my lilypond files. This is working quite well
(for my needs), but with the update to 2.18, the styles of the century
schoolbook font are lost. If I (don't remove and) compile the created
.tex-file on the shell, everything is fine.
I committed this piece to openlilylib snippets:

https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/specific-solutions/xelatex-markup-list

Perhaps someone knows a way, to create a "clean" environment to run
latex from lilypond-scheme?

Cheers, Jan-Peter

*DISCLAIMER* {
I would *not* propose such a command for inclusion in standard lilypond,
because it calls external programs via "unsafe" system calls.
But the question to include latex in lilypond was raised more than once
on the user list, so IMO it should be an available public snippet.
} *DISPLAIMER*