[OT] Reviewers requested

From: Urs Liska
Subject: [OT] Reviewers requested
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:02:12 +0100

Hi all,

today or tomorrow I'm going to finish a paper/talk proposal, and I would be happy to have a few people read it before submission. LilyPond is only a small part of it but maybe there is some interest on this list too. I'm mainly interested in native English speakers, but of course anyone is invited to read and comment.

I've come to the conclusion that the "Arranger Window" concept of usual DAW programs - which is based on the metaphor of a multi-track tape machine - isn't really appropriate to the way classical music is recorded. In this paper I outline my ideas about a possible application that approaches the task of preparing an editing plan differently (although I can't afford any plans for concrete implementation in the foreseeable future). LilyPond is involved in this concept as I intend to make LilyPond's input language the storage format. Hey, we're talking about describing musical structures, and LilyPond files are perfect for this.
And finally we could use LilyPond itself to "engrave" an editing plan :-)

Please contact me privately, and I'll send you a file link or the pdf as soon as I'm ready.

Best
Urs