Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:43:04 +1100

People,

David took this discussion off-list and then accused me of not having the guts to respond on-list . . so here the reply I sent him:

On 2014-01-17 16:00, Philip Rhoades wrote:

David,

On 2014-01-17 15:20, David Kastrup wrote:
Philip Rhoades <address@hidden> writes:

David,

    From: Philip Rhoades <address@hidden>
    To: address@hidden
    Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:58:28 +1100 (8 hours, 56 minutes, 8
seconds ago)

[...]

    I get a GUILE error on line 5

      $(let

    anyway . . I tried changing it to:

      $@(let

    but that didn't work either (obviously I don't know what I'm
doing . .)

    Regards,

    Phil.

You did not, I repeat _not_ mention in any way that you used any code
other than that which was quoted here (actually stating "Here it is
after running convert-ly (from 2.14.0 to 2.18.0):"

They are Paul's words - not mine - as I have repeatedly said now - I
forgot to run the convert-ly myself and I missed that comment in
Paul's note . .

Then tell Paul not to undersign his mails with "Regards, Phil" and send
them from your address.

Paul's email: