Re: kerning/ligatures in opentype fonts

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: kerning/ligatures in opentype fonts
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:09:00 +0100

Hello listers,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
> ah, for me it does not work with the default (2.16.2) Lilypond coming
> with Ubuntu (/usr/bin/lilypond). But with newer versions installed from
> the website, which use different libraries.

Using the 64 bit _linux_ version of 2.18.0-1 from lilypond.org i don't
get ligatures.
Using the 64 bit _mac OS X_ version of 2.17.97 from lilypond.org i
don't get ligatures.
Using the 32 bit _linux_ version of 2.18.0-1 from lilypond.org i DO
get ligatures.

I conclude: something regarding font handling is broken in the 64-bit
version. As there was a discussion sometime in the past couple of
weeks that the 64-bit version doesn't really offer any benefits, i'll
have to go that route for now and generate the final versions of the
scores on my linux box.

regards,
sb
--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.