Re: What should be the default B7 chord?

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: What should be the default B7 chord?
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 23:34:44 +0100

[Quoting David Kastrup, on January 11 2014, 21:15, in "Re: What should be t"]
> You know that this answer does not make sense?  The "second" chord _is_
> the "first position" variant.

You're right, although I assume you understand I meant the first
variant.

> Uh, lowest note _must_ be root when strumming or it sounds awful.
> For the barre, I _would_ barr the fis in order to have the low
> dominant for finger-picking alternate basses.

I mostly play finger-picking so I include the fis in the barre but
play the b with my thumb.

> For the open chord, there is no finger left (assuming that we leave
> the thumb alone) for fingering the low fis, so the question does not
> even arise.

I usually alternate the middle finger between the b and the low fis,
although I have no problems playing low fis and b with a 2-string
barre (middle finger).

But we digress...

-- Johan