On features planned for 2.20 and Documentations on Contemporary Music

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: On features planned for 2.20 and Documentations on Contemporary Music
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 22:29:48 -0600

So I check the documentation for the dev version, and I notice that there are a few ideas for the next release. Any ideas not mentioned via documentation?

Also, I was wondering if any "examples" of contemporary notation were ever going to be put in the documentation. I know there is a spot for that, and when I've checked back several stable versions, and alas... nothing.

This brings me back to features: are there any glyph ideas for handbells, or miscellaneous percussion? Perhaps fractional time signatures, like "3/3, or 3/(dotted sixteenth)?"

I don't, in proposing these things, actually advocate their use; but I know that it's "all the rage" in some circles (and the more we can reach out to Finale users or other types of users, the better)...

Thoughts?

Sincerely,

Josh