Re: 64-bit vs 32-bit LilyPond (GNU/Linux)

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: 64-bit vs 32-bit LilyPond (GNU/Linux)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 22:36:09 -0700

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM, SoundsFromSound
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Wow, really? I never thought editing text files (.ly) would ever get close
> to 4GB of RAM. Maybe I'll try a quick benchmark here...

6.9GB for one book to be exact. Text editing has nothing to do with it
though. This is the amount of memory used to compile the project. This
specific book is a much larger than most for sure (633 pages (9x12) of
piano + horn music). I doubt most people would notice a difference
between 32-bit and 64-bit installs.

-----Jay