Re: new user problem

From: karl
Subject: Re: new user problem
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:24:42 +0100 (CET)

Urs:
> But you should definitely get a habit of better layout of your input.
> A good suggestion is for example to always start a new line for a measure.
> You may make exceptions with things like a number of r1 measures, but
> in general this will make your code _much_ more readable.

Beeing able to understand lilypond warning/error messages and
associate them to what is actually wrong helps a lot.

I didn't know you could use bar checks in the lyrics, might be useful.
I think I would have replaced thoose initial r1's in the singers
voice part with R1*5 (whole measure rests).

As usual for code, everyone has their own small layout preferences.
I'd say that for a new user her file is pretty impressive, is it
that lilypond is easy to learn or is she smart; and by time she will
find out what works best for her.

Is there any notes about "best practicies" in the documentation, or
is it best to read others files to find solutions to problems. I
think I tend to read my old files to see how I did there for a similar
problem.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data