Re: new user problem

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: new user problem
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 00:47:06 +0100

Molly Preston <address@hidden> schrieb:
>I have been learning Lilypond over the past few weeks. I am entering a
>song
>with piano that I wrote. Even though I am using the template for this I
>keep getting fatal errors. It'll work for a while and then when I add
>more
>notes I get a fatal error.  I get syntax errors, barcheck errors,
>unexpected string (these actually happen in the \score section which is
>directly from the template).
>
>I have actually made it work/display properly past these problems.
>However,
>I tried to change the text = \lyricmode tag to experiment. And then it
>didn't work; so I went back to how the template is written and now its
>just
>showing two lines one staff and no music.
>
>Any thoughts on this?
>
>-Molly

Hello Molly,

Welcome to the list and to LilyPond.

Actually there is only valid thought on this: we need to see your code.
In theory we should ask you to provide a minimal example showing the problem,
but I assume that's still over your head. So you could post the offending file
as a whole.

Urs
--
Urs Liska