RE: Possible bug with TrillSpanner.to-barline?

From: Daniel Rosen
Subject: RE: Possible bug with TrillSpanner.to-barline?
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 09:05:58 +0000

Well, that did the trick. A couple things about this are interesting to me,
though.

First of all, working through the IR, I see the following:

TrillSpanner: "TrillSpanner objects are created by: Trill_spanner_engraver."
Trill_spanner_engraver: "Trill_spanner_engraver is part of the following
context(s): CueVoice, DrumVoice, GregorianTranscriptionVoice, KievanVoice,
MensuralVoice, PetrucciVoice, TabVoice, VaticanaVoice and Voice."

So it's unclear to me why typing \override Staff.TrillSpanner.anything should
have any effect at all. Whenever I get the context wrong when I try to
\override any other grob property, nothing happens.

Second of all, even passing over the first issue, why does it have THIS effect
(i.e. making the "tr" fail to appear)?

I'm not a programmer, but it still seems to me like there's some kind of bug
here.

DR