Re: delayed turn

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: delayed turn
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:44:26 +0100

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:
Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote
> The length of the code was to demonstrate the inconsistencies, i.e., nine
> separate instances produce randomly two different results.

you can write \repeat unfold 9 {...} so the reader is sure there is no
(inadvertent) change in the code.

i just tested it with this code and 2.17.97:

<<<
\version "2.16.2"
global = {
  \key c \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 2/4
}

violin = \relative c'' {
  \global
  \repeat unfold 15 {
    \once \override TextScript #'avoid-slur = #'inside
    \once \override TextScript #'outside-staff-priority = ##f
    c8.-3 ( ^\markup \tiny \override #'(baseline-skip . 1) {
    \halign #-4
    \center-column {
    \natural
    \musicglyph #"scripts.turn" } }
    d16-2 ees f g ees-2 ) |

\score {
  \new Staff \violin
  \layout { }
}

as you can see in the attached PDF, the first line is wrong, the following lines work.

> Why is it that the code presented in the manual ( and copied in my
> exampled) does not produce in my work the same as is in the manual?

I couldn't find your example with turns and fingering.

it wasn't quite the same as in the manual: you had the natural sign under the turn sign. you also had a TextScript #'extra-offset in there which was further confusing matters. of course, your problem still isn't solved with the script above, but the problem becomes more apparent. the first line is treated differently to the following lines. may be a bug?

regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and quick to anger.