Re: Lilypond Website Work

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Lilypond Website Work
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 17:59:25 -0500

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Carl Peterson <address@hidden> wrote:
I have something in development for #2 on Federico's list. I've parsed through enough of the texi2html script that I was able to insert CSS classes into the <body> tag that will allow me to color code each manual.

One thing that is very strange that I've noticed in working on this is that if I modify Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init (which impacts virtually every part of the website) and build the documentation, nothing happens, but if I change one of the stylesheets (which is a superficial thing that does not, to my knowledge, impact the building of any other file), the entire documentation gets rebuilt. This is backwards. When I've been working on the lilypond-texi2html.init file, I've been having to go in and touch one of the manual pages (usually changes.tely, since it's probably the smallest and easiest to build) to get it to recompile that manual so I can see what my changes did.

Carl