A music function that drops music.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: A music function that drops music.
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 09:21:42 +0000

I have created this function to drop a staff from a \score { } block:

DropMusic =
#(define-music-function
     (parser location arg1)
     (ly:music?)
     #{
     #}
  )

This will be useful in Denemo to allow the user to create a staff that
is not typeset, but needs to be present for other purposes (such as
creating the BeamExceptions that David mentioned).

I imagine this is a function without a purpose for most users but I
mention it here for three reasons
      * Perhaps it already exists under a different name, or is not the
        best syntax, or doesn't do exactly what I think it does.
      * Perhaps it does have other uses: conditionally dropping
        passages ...
      * and because I am inordinately proud of having managed to create
        it. A tribute, in fact, to the quality of LilyPond's
        documentation. A very fine line to draw between saying too much
        (and losing people's attention) and saying too little.

Richard