Re: Placing _\markup below lyrics

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Placing _\markup below lyrics
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:08:00 -0800

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 01:32:43PM -0800, Ryan McClure wrote:
> Hi there Jim,
>
> This is messy--really messy. But, here's what I came up with:

>   \override Score.TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -3)

>   \override LyricText #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2)

Thanks, Ryan.

I had thought about this, but hadn't pursued actually trying it,
hoping there was a better way.  It does work, and is manageable for
short passages (the few places where I want markup below the lyrics).

One thing I did learn was that my example was inadequate, because the
following is also needed:

  \override LyricExtender #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2)

My tiny example had no lyric extenders, but my real-world example does.
Their extra-offset is set separately from the extra-offset of the
lyrics themselves.

Jim