Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:24:30 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden>
To: "Carl Peterson" <address@hidden>
Cc: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>; "LilyPond Users" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 12:52 PM

2013/12/5 Carl Peterson <address@hidden>:
There are modern tools for web development? Seriously, though, except when I've been using a package like WordPress, I've pretty much been hand coding
websites for the last dozen years or so, partly because of "popular HTML
authoring tools generating oodles of garbage that fortunately nobody peruses
closely."

I don't want my initial proposal to get polluted with issues about
cuteness of our web page. My stronger idea would be:

"Let's give new users something they can double-click and start
playing without the need of calling them stupid for having done so"

I think I said about 4,000 messages ago that I would be willing to update the Windows install so that a double-click opens the files in a default editor of the user's choice, with LilyPad being the default. FWIW that's the editor I started with (well, actually the current version is better), and it is quite good enough to get you started. However, I'm too busy with college right now, so if someone else wants to do it, please volunteer.

Too many people on this thread saying what's wrong, too few offering to help.

--
Phil Holmes