Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Chris Crossen
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 15:18:26 -0700

> Hi,
>
> we are nearing the end of the year, and, uh, it looks like I could make use
> of some of the spirit of giving.
>
> As you can see from the accompanying report, the current number of people
> supporting my work on LilyPond financially is on the decline:
> while there are a few large donors, many of them actually have done so much
> for LilyPond in other ways that it is embarrassing I am dependent on their
> continued _large_ contributions.
>
> So taking some of the load off them will not just express your gratitude
> towards the work I do myself on LilyPond but also towards them.  It would be
> fabulous if I could get along well with mostly "small"
> donations in the monthly €15-€25 range, but that requires quite a few more
> who are willing to pitch in.
>
> Think about it.  You can ask me for my SEPA bank account number (SEPA order
> should be the cheapest variant within the Euro zone), this mail address is
> registered at Paypal, and you can use the account number
> 1Kw7HZMd8L52BCL9vEjSxdPG4p3phRvtQF for Bitcoin transfers.
>
> There is still a lot LilyPond is in need of doing, I am pretty positive that
> 2.18 will be out before Christmas, and I am responsible for a large part of
> the developments even though the majority of contributions and of
> organizational tasks and efforts and translation work and user help and so on
> is done by volunteers working in their spare time.
>
> But one person who just works on LilyPond can make a difference.  Can we keep
> this up?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> --
> David Kastrup

David's post generated some interesting threads and discussion. But, it strayed
from the original point. He needs more donors to continue his work for us in
the LilyPond community.

I just wanted to re-emphasize that original point and hope the discussion has
convinced a few more of us to make a small, but regular donation.

Thanks,
Chris Crossen