Re: Third Voice?

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Third Voice?
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:47:31 -0800 (PST)

Chris Crossen wrote
> I am engraving the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. There is one
> measure (87) where I think I need a third voice in the treble clef. I have
> attached an image of measure 87. The red-underlined notes in the image are
> what is missing when I render my Lilypond. A cut down version of my source
> for just measure 87 is below.
>
> I believe I need a third voice for the missing 8th and 16th notes, but I
> don't know how to structure it. My Lilypond is using a template from
> Frescobaldi.
>
> Can someone show me how to add the third voice?

third or fourth voice - Lilypond treats odd voices as voice with stem and
other properties going upwards!

so in my code I handle the additional voice as \voiceFour and also name it
like that:

\version "2.14.2"
\include "english.ly"
global = {
  \key d \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 4/4
  \autoBeamOff
}
rightOne = \relative c'' {
  \voiceOne
  \global
  % -- t1-87
  s4 fs8[ e8] e4. d8 |
}
rightTwo = \relative c''{
  \voiceTwo
  % -- t2-87
  s2 a8 a16 a a8 a |
}
rightFour = \relative c' {
  \voiceFour
  % -- t2-87
  <a' cs g'>4  4 d4 cs4 |
}
leftOne = \relative c' {
  % -- b1-87
  e4 a,2 e'4 |
}
leftTwo = \relative c {
  % -- b2-87
  e4 d8[ d8] a'2 |
}
pianoPart = \new PianoStaff \with {
  } <<
  \new Staff = "right"  <<
    \rightOne
    \\
    \rightTwo
    \\
    \rightFour

  \new Staff = "left" {
    \clef bass <<
      \leftOne
      \\
      \leftTwo

  }

\score {
  <<
    \pianoPart

}

I would consider upgrading to the newest version!

Eluze