Re: Please help

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Please help
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 00:56:22 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/11/29 Mateusz Goździewski <address@hidden>
>
>> How I need to enter the code to get this effect:
>> [image: Obraz w treści 1]or this
>> [image: Obraz w treści 2]
>
> how about:
>
> \version "2.17.95"
>
> alternativeKey =
> #(define-music-function (parser location p-1 p-2)(ly:pitch? ly:pitch?)

>                        { \key $p-2 \major s4 }

[...]

Any reason you don't put the \major as last function argument (see
definition of \key in scm/music-functions-init.ly for an example how
this works)?  Looks less ad-hoc.  Possibly also as second function
argument.  That's likely redundant for most use cases, but makes the
function call look less cryptic.

> Thanks David Kastrup for his improved \score-markup-command.

That remark makes it likely that for versions before 2.17.14 you'll not
be able to get consistent vertical positions with this approach.
I think there were some pointers to the LSR in this thread as well:
maybe there is some different approach working for older versions among
it.

All the best

--
David Kastrup