Re: Workarounds for issue 1127?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Workarounds for issue 1127?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:19:12 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Rosen <drosen27 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> My problem is the one documented at http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/
issues/detail?id=1127.
> Looking over that issue, I see that multiple people have offered monies on
multiple occasions (as
> recently as a month ago, in fact) for it to be resolved, but that no one
has taken it up yet. What's the best
> workaround in the meantime?

Often each staff has different dynamics in piano music.
I leave out the Dynamics context, indicating dynamics on notes or
spacer rests in a temporary parallel sequence
 { c1\p << d2 {s4.\< s8\> <>\!} >> e2 }

To space the dynamics form the staff,
 \override PianoStaff.DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = #2.5
and in the lower staff
 \dynamicUp