Re: Primo symbol in LilyPond

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Primo symbol in LilyPond
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 07:41:19 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote
> My mastery of Spanish (and/or Portuguese?) is non-existing, but it would
> seem like the name and existence of that glyph makes it likely that its
> presence alone should be indicative of an ordinal number.

Just a short (and pedantic) comment: in Portuguese (or at least in Brazil),
the correct way to abbreviate the word "primeiro" is 1.º

If you write 1° (without the point), this should be read as "um grau" (one
degree). That said, not many people use these concepts correctly, and more
often than not you will find 1° representing "primeiro".

I know that the link in the wikitionary also says that 1º is the correct
abbreviation for primeiro, but I think they got it wrong there.

Take care,
Gilberto