Re: Scheme function question

From: James Worlton
Subject: Re: Scheme function question
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:07:46 -0600

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

See issue 3673.  If that makes it in, you can do

doubleStem =
#(define-music-function
  (parser location note)
  (ly:music?)
  (make-relative (note) note
  #{
    << { \voiceOne $note } \new Voice { \voiceTwo $note } >> \oneVoice
  #}))

and the behavior in- and outside of \relative will be just as you would
expect.

I've been looking through the documentation for references/explanations of make-relative and can't find anything, so I'm not sure how your proposed function quoted here is different than the fixed one (using $note) from earlier in the thread. Could you point me to the proper location? I want to understand this.

Thanks,
James W